Mindfulness White Collar - Train the body, train the mind.
Along side the 8 week training camp we will offer tips and techniques to help with the mental side of fighting. Our Mindfulness coach Gui Hung (@MindfulFighters) will be on hand to offer practical advice on how to prepare mentally throughout the camp. He will be available to answer questions directly in the Facebook group and will host Mindfulness sessions for those that wish to take part.
90% of the fight game is mental. It is very important that the mind gets the necessary training too. In as little as 5 weeks, the brain can actually change physical mass as a result of 10 minutes of daily meditation.
Some of the Mindfulnes benefits:
- Helps to improve your immune system, recovery, reducing physical pain, and decreases inflammation.
- Helps to relieve the stress of hard training and negative thinking.
- It boosts your social life by increasing social connection.
- It boosts your self-control by improving your ability to regulate your emotions and improving your ability to introspect which pays a big role in performance anxiety.
- It literally changes your brain for the better by increasing grey matter in as little as 5 weeks, increasing volume in areas related to emotion regulation, positive emotions and self-control, and increasing cortical thickness in areas related to paying attention.
- It improves your productivity by increasing your focus and attention, improving your ability to learn new skills/techniques, improving memory, and improving your ability to be creative and think outside the box.
- It boosts your happiness by increasing positive emotion, decreasing depression, decreasing anxiety, and decreasing stress.
There are many stresses that accompany an aggressive training camp, especially for those stepping into the ring for the first time. It is very natural for the brain to self-criticise and to doubt itself. This is normal in the fight game and can affect your physical health leading up to the fight and can affect your performance on fight day.
The primary goal is to provide life skills that you can take with you long after the fight. Self confidence, dealing with performance anxiety, facing fears, ambition, discipline, camaraderie, weight loss, overcoming obstacles and team work.